Recent media articles about Pete Cooper and his work, this is not a comprehensive list. Last count there were over 50 in recent years.
- Freelancer launches local – I left FL after 6months as regional director for australia and new zealand, wonderful product and market but just had to follow my passion to focus on the start society and icentral.co
In BRW April 2015 by Caitlin Fitzsimmons
- Scarcity Drives Innovation Especially in Rural Areas – I was quoted by Liam O’Duibhir from the Bega / South Coast of NSW startup co-working space CoWs where I have been quietly working to help developer a regional case study ‘Sapphire Circle’ with the aim of writing a playbook for building country startup communities.
In Startup Smart August 22, 2014 by Andrew Sadauskas
- StartupBus with SydStart – A new intense way of building a startup in 3 days on a moving coach bus. This took a few years of talking to the US based founder to run it in Australia to the event I founded.
In Startup Smart August 13, 2014 by Broede Carmody
- StartupBus with SydStart – as above
In Business Insider Augusst 12, 2014 by Alex Heber
- Chasing Quality over Quantity – We reconfigured the SydStart event and even that rated a mention in the media.
In Startup Smart April 10, 2014 by Rose Powell
- SydStart Partnering with ASX – I negotiated a sponsorship deal with the Australian Securities Exchange to help promote the startup ecosystem and the exchange as a natural listing destination for capital. 220 companies applied and about 80 pitched over four days. The final 30 will pitch at the Hilton.
In Startup Smart April 1, 2014 by Rose Powell
- Top 10 Startup Mentors in Sydney – Humbled to have been selected for this list with such awesome people
In ShoeString Startups March 21, 2014 by Mat Beeche
- SeaChange Startups – I support the development of the tech startup ecoystem nationally and have a personal soft spot for regional areas (both my folks are from the bush) and try to help where possible. This one was a great startup weekend even though it was a 14 hour trip driving down and back and two 12 hour days, ok some of it was with our local cousins in Bega and nearby 🙂 and it was good to encourage the regional development managers in local government to embrace startups and a rebrand/refresh to Sapphire Circle in order to end the country vs coast arguments that have plagued the region for decades.
In Anthill Online March 14, 2014 by Bala Murali Krshna
- Dragon’s Den comes to Merimbula – I was really proud of this one because Dad’s side of the family live near there so happy to help build the startup scene down on the NSW South Coast (known as the Sapphire Coast and another destination for Seac Changes from the tech startup community) particularly around Bega, Merribula, Pambula, Tathra, Candelo etc.
In Merribula News March 14, 2012
- Australia’s Innovation & Entrepreneurship Culture (and Progress vs. California)
In ShoeString Startup By Tasnuva Bindi March 10, 2014
- Analysis Of ESS Review Submissions to the Australian Federal Government Review of Employee Share Schemes.
In The Australian Financial Review by Nassim Khadem and James Hutchinson
- Pete Cooper’s ESS Review Submission
As shared fairly widely in social media in google docs (so people can comment) but originally from this blog
- Atlassian the untold story – an in depth article on one of the largest Australian linked startups
In Business Insider by Liz Tay and Paul Colgan Feb 7 2014
- Speaking at launch of new accelerator and incubator on South Coast of NW at Merimbula/Bega – the beautiful Sea Change Startup Capital of Australia
In StartupSmart by Rose Powell and Liam O’Duibhir Feb 5 2014
- Various articles on Peter Cooper and his work with startups (about 12+ articles) – related to startup advocacy for a bunch of initiatives
In Startup Smart by various journalists over last few years.
- Three Startups To Watch in 2014 – local startups in Sydney two of which I have known well
In The Australian Financial Review – by James Hutchinson
- Interview for Slidefish blog – related to mentoring and startup advocacy and includes tips for entrepreneurs
On Slidefish blog by Neil Smith (founder and Founder Institute graduate and mentee) Jan 10 2014
- Corporates cosy up to startups – cause they have to – including Muru-D hackathon (disruptive innovation)
In AFR Australian Financial Review by James Hutchinson – Nov 2013
- In depth personal interview on TKLR for their creative agency podcast series (innovation, leadership)
In TKLR by Jason McDermott – Aug 2013
- Series of five video Interviews on Deloitte Private eye level channel thought leaders series on startups
by Jeremy Richman, Josh Tancel and co. – July/Aug 2013
- Top Three Things Holding Back Innovation in Australia – I was on a panel of experts covering this important issue
In Startup Smart by Rose Powell Aug 29, 2013
- City of Sydney Startups 101 (something I conceptualised with C of S and is now a regular series)
At Customs House with introduction by Lord Mayor Sydney Clover Moore – March 2013
- Vision & Values Keynote for The Founder Institute an entrepreneur accelerator I have supported since inception in Sydney in 2011
In FI.co Founder Institute – July 2013
- Coverage on SydStart the event series I founded – Article ‘Its a huge week for startups in Sydney’
In BI Business Insider by Liz Tay – May 2013
- The significance of recent transactions for the Startup ecosystem
In Business Insider by Paul Colgan – Sept 2013
- Australian innovation policy, James Dyson and the coming federal election
In BRW Business Review Weekly by Nassim Khadem references Deloitte Interviews (below) – Aug 2013
- Adeo Ressi (Founder of The Founder Institute) in Australia interview
In BRW Business Review Weekly. The Founder Institute is a global organisation I have supported since they started in Sydney.
Acknowledging SydStart – Sept 2013
- City Of Sydney Seeks To Boast Startups
In Techworld – May 2013
- StartNest New Space and Mentoring – I introduced the founders that joined forces to create the first tech startup hub in Crows Nest
In Startup Smart April 10, 2013 by Michelle Hammond
- Coworking Spaces Taking Off in Sydney for Startups – Advocating for the Sydney startup ecosystem and noting it is growing faster than other cities
In Startup Smart November 12, 2012 by Nina Hendy
- Supporting Local Startups – We backed local online accounting company saasu and I ran it for a while taking it to profitability
In Startup Smart June 28 2011 by Oliver Milman
- http://sydstart.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/8-media-articles-today-about-sydstart/ –
In SydStart blog – May 2013
- http://www.startupsmart.com.au/financing-a-business/venture-capital/co-working-growing-pains/201211128141.html –
In StartupSmart 2013
- http://www.startupsmart.com.au/financing-a-business/venture-capital/five-top-pitches-from-the-sydstart-start-up-jamboree/201209117526.html –
In StartupSmart 2013